Sumbawanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SUWASA) is a full autonomous organization of the Government responsible for supplying adequate clean and safe water and sanitation services for the residents of Sumbawanga Municipality.
The Vision of SUWASA is to be an efficient provider of reliable, sustainable and affordable water supply and sanitation services in Tanzania. In order to attain its vision and mission, SUWASA is seeking to recruit dynamic, result driven individual, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanians to fill in a vacant post of Managing Director.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The position holder is required to run the Authority in the highest professional standards and practices so as to attain envisaged vision “To be an efficient provider of reliable, sustainable and affordable water supply and sanitation services in Tanzania”
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To oversee all Authority’s activities concerning continuous supply of clean, safe and adequate water for domestic, commercial, industrial and related purposes and efficient removal and hygienic disposal and treatment of waste water;
- To oversee effective implementation and realization of Authority’s Vision, Mission and Annual Plan;
- To oversee the management of all resources within the Authority;
- To supervise the implementation and adherence to policy guidelines laid down by the Ministry of Water, The Board of Directors and all relevant legal requirements;
- To oversee the planning and execution of water supply and sewerage projects;
- To supervise preparation of annual budgets, financial and performance reports as may be required by the Board;
- To review regularly, actual performance against plans and budgets and submit reports to the Board detailing performance with recommendations for actions necessary to correct adverse variance;
- To advise the Board on efficient and effective management of the Authority;
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors and Ministry of Water.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of a degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution
Minimum five years of experience in water sector
The above vacancy carries an attractive competitive salary and package including housing and transport in accordance with the qualifications, required skills and experience stated in specific vacant post and SUWASA Scheme of Service and Salary Structure.
- The applicants must be a Tanzanian and not above 45 years of age.
- Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letters attached with certified copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- The CV must incorporate all contact: Telephone numbers, mobile, postal address, email and physical address of at least three reputable referees
- Only Certificates of Secondary Education (CSE) and Advanced Certificates of Secondary Education (ACSE) from National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) are accepted, result slip is strictly not accepted.
- Certificates from foreign examination Bodies, Colleges or Universities should be verified by NECTA, NACTE or TCU
- Only shortlisted candidates (Who meet requirements) will be contacted for an interview
- Applicants who will submit forged documents will be subjected to criminal proceedings
- In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to possess the following traits:-
- Excellent communication skills
- High integrity and ability to adopt to changes quickly
- Capacity to work hard , under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to supervise water projects and ensure value for money
- Align the organization with Government Policy of Industrialization.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be delivered by means of Postal Address via Express Mail Service (EMS) or Hand Delivery only. SUWASA is an equal opportunity employer women with the required qualification and experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later than 28th April, 2020 16:30 Hours.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS,
SUMBAWANGA URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION AUTHORITY,
P.O BOX 192,