Manager, Public Relations, Events and Stakeholders Management
BACKGROUND OF TADB
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
Tocatalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to theTanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA); To build on existing Agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
Manager, Public Relations, Events and Stakeholders Management – 1 Vacancy, DSM
Nature and scope:
The jobholder reports to the Managing Director. He / She will be responsible for management of bank’s public relations, protocol services and all TADB’s events. He / She will also manage engagements with stakeholders across Local Authorities, Central Government, Statutory and Non-statutory bodies and other parties to establish strong working relationships.
- Develop and manage the bank’s relationship with business associates, government ministries, agencies, embassies and the general public.
- Develop and manage relationships with key media players to secure and grow media online and offline coverage. Monitor local news media, analyze and review news and business events to inform management of significant developments and identify emerging issues that might impact on the bank’s image.
- Supervise projects to guarantee all content is publication-ready and liaise with news media including issuance of press releases and responding to media inquiries concerning the bank.
- Organize and arrange news conferences, press/publicity events, exhibitions and trade fairs.
- Prepare and conduct bank’s awareness programs to disseminate key information to the public on bank undertakings and developments.
- Lead the development and delivery of the bank’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy and facilitate all TADB’s internal and external events including sponsored CSR events and other initiatives at Head Office and Zonal level. Identify and pursue relevant external platforms for leadership to enhance the profile of the bank’s activities.
- Where necessary, represent the bank and act as the spokesperson in public events.
- Coordinate protocols and other logistics related to handling of TADB partners / visitors from within and outside the country.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Graduate qualifications in Public Relations, International Relations, Business Administration or related field. Master’s degree/MBA/Professional accreditation will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience, of which three must be in a senior level in reputable company or financial institution.
- Significant experience of managing engagement with one or more of the stakeholder cohort referred to above and statutory bodies on major high profile public sector infrastructure or regeneration projects.
- Must be able to create and maintain a favorable public image for the Bank and have full understanding of media needs, media relationships, stakeholders’management and engagement.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Swahili and English.
- Appreciation of the infrastructure-related political environment.
- Experience in developing and successfully implementing stakeholder engagement plans
- Proven ability to work and multi-task under pressure, respond quickly to changing situations in complex project/program environments, prepare responses/narrative quickly and clearly and use personal initiative where needed.
- Leadership, motivation, people management skills with good interpersonal skills and great emphasis on building performing and cohesive teams.
- Ability to schedule work and deliver to tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy in executing work.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager/Supervisor.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Please note: applicants are required to apply to these roles by:
Filling in their personal details (include in your full name, physical address, telephone number and e-mail address); o
Attaching an application/cover letter.
Attaching current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume with 3 referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach TADB not later than 4.00 pm on Thursday, 16 July 2020.