Job Opportunities at Standard Chartered Bank Deadline 14 November 2019
POSITION:Personal Loans, Portfolio Officer
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 31/Oct/2019
Unposting Date: 14/Nov/2019
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
SHEME LENDING MANAGEMENT
- To administrate such schemes as TSC, DOD and others that require physical call back verification to enhance efficiency in loan processing
- To ensure that all scheme lending agreements are prepared and signed as per the agreed guidelines
- To effectively manage the advise of loan repayments due to the Bank from the various Scheme companies as per the advised payroll/disbursement calendar
- To send a list of all cleared loans per company and Issue Stop payment instructions to customers on request.
- To manage any service related queries/complaints from Scheme Administrators
- To consistently review the scheme lending process to ensure maximum efficiency
- To work closely with Collections, CRC and Salaries to resolve any anomalies with loan disbursements, repayments or reporting
PROCESS FLOW AND REPORTING
- To monitor the performance of each department against the prescribed process flow , generate relevant reports and develop action plans to address any shortcomings
- To receive applications from sales channels under centralised application processing, update the applications on a tracker, Send the applications for HR/ payroll sign off, once singed Update on the tracker and send to loan centre for processing. For returned applications – send the forms to sales point for necessary amendments maintain the tracker for trend analysis.
- To monitor the end to end process to ensure the Turn Around Time is within agreed standards
- To closely monitor returned applications to ensure appropriate action is taken on each application
- To get a list on all split drawdown applications from GB Ops & Send communication to sales point confirming clearance, Receive clearance documents from sales point & Send communication to GB Ops for disbursement of retained amount. Send a copy of the clearance to GB Ops & Deliver the clearance documents to various companies for deletion of deductions for loans cleared by SCB.
- To manage service related queries from both Scheme Administrators and Internal customers
- Improve customer service standards in the Employee Banking in line with Group initiatives e.g. Outserve, Customer Complaints Management etc
- Provide support to Branch/Customer Sales and Service Managers/ Direct Sales Managers on quality issues
- Work with Credit and Service Quality to review and improve on the end to end process
- Responsible for tracking Risk Management returns in the New Business
- Reconciliation of all Sundry and Suspense accounts in the New Business
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’ efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University Graduate with at least 2 years experience in consumer business.
- An in-depth understanding of the unsecured loans process
- In-depth knowledge of products, services and delivery channels available to unsecured customers
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and management skills
- Ability to manage key relationships both internally and externally
- Good knowledge of Credit Risk Management
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and other systems in the unit
- Credit analysis would be an added advantage
- Proven track record and attention to detail
- Keen customer focus to ensure customer needs are met
- Working of key systems such as LOS/ DATASTORE/ EBBS
Presentation skills and a good team-player Complexity in the job arises from the following factors:
- The mass market nature of the unsecured lending business makes it difficult to bundle all customer needs into a specific template to enable non-subjective credit decisioning.
- Therefore one needs to identify trends in product performance to enhance our product offering.
- Different companies targeted for scheme lending have different internal policies and procedures.
- This role requires one to be vigilant to ensure scheme agreements are not breached and processes consistently reviewed to enhance efficiency.
- Liaising with the various sales channels to ensure better quality applications
- Identifying training gaps
Judgement in the job is required on a day to day basis for:
- Identifying applications that deserve to be appealed
- Advising scheme administrators on various issues
- Prioritising action plans to ensure maximum impact
- Identify training needs due completeness of applications and approval rate
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.