Head of HR
Type: Full Time
Category: Human Resource (HR)
Other Categories: Management ,
Job Level: Senior Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
HR Management Support
• Providing ongoing operational support and guidance to the Business Units in terms of HR Strategies and processes.
• Assisting in the implementation of a performance management process which ensure, on an ongoing basis, that staff set clear and relevant annual objectives, receive accurate performance reviews and have meaningful development plans.
Strategic Management and HR Team Development
• Deploying Human Resource strategic plan for the business unit, which sets out the people/organizational capabilities required, and identifies how these capabilities will be delivered. It must also align with the overall strategy of the market unit.
• Providing both professional and business input at Group meetings ensuring that the overall grand strategy is being implemented and that any deviations in achieving targets are being consulted on and communicated.
• Reviewing and evaluating Human Resource programmes, systems and procedures to ensure they are relevant to business units needs and are cost effective.
• Partnering with Human Resource professionals in contributing to the successful deployment of the business units global and market unit human resource strategy, and undertaking other specific projects depending on business needs
Recruitment, Compensation and Manpower Planning
• Recruiting and retaining high caliber staff with the right skills for the job, through effective marketing of job opportunities, deployment of effective recruitment and orientation programmes, and through promoting the company as an employer of choice within community
• Implementing compensation/incentive programmes and benefit plans which are competitive and effective in motivating and retaining high performers and manage the payroll function to ensure that all staff are paid accurately and promptly
• Deploying effective processes for succession planning and career development, so that successors are identified and developed for key positions within the organization, and so that the talent within the organization is fully developed and critical skills are transferred.
Leadership ,People Management and Training Implementation
• Evaluating training needs of the Business Unit, sourcing and implementing training programs accordingly
Communication and Employee Relations
• Maintaining a positive employee relations environment by proactively working with management on potential staff issues ,through regular staff welfare/recreation programs and through regular and proactive engagement with staff at all levels
• Ensuring that effective employee communication programs are in place to build a well-informed Business Unit
• Ensuring that the staff’s working environment and facilities are functioning and contributing proactively to staff morale and productivity
• Ensuring that the Business Unit is aware and educated on all company policies and practices
• Contributing to the Business Unit and organization profitability by adhering to the company Com Human Resources department operating budget
• Reporting and Analysis- Headcount (Actual Vs Budget), leaver /joiners analysis/HR Cost Vs Revenue/Staff Welfare/HR Costs/New Hire Cost Vs HR Costs
• Providing reports and analysis on HR operations and giving recommendations as appropriate on management of negative trends and new initiatives.
• Cost Effective Management of HR related administrative services (Outsource services/Travel/facilities/ Fleet) through Contract and Service Level agreements.
• Bachelor degree in relevant field
• Effective reviewing and evaluating of Human resource Policies
• Timely implementation of performance management processes
• Effective reviewing and evaluating of training needs
• Effective deployment of succession planning and career development
• Employee Retention and satisfactory Employee Engagement Index
• Creation of Operational efficiencies and management of HR Costs
• Implementation of Employee Engagement results
• Return on Investment of Training
• Health & Safety
SHARING IS CARING